Dr. Roberts has authored and co-authored hundreds of peer-reviewed articles and other scholarly works. Below is a list of selected articles and editorials that you can explore to learn more.
Selected Articles in Peer-Reviewed Journals
(ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4270-253X)
- Gibson EM, Bennett C, Gillespie S, Güler AD, Gutmann DH, Halpern CH, Kucenas SC, Kushida CA Lemieux M, Liddelow, S, Macauley SL, Qingyun, L, Quinn M, Roberts LW, Saligrama N, Taylor K, Venkatesh H, Yalçin B, Zuchero JB. How Support of Early Career Researchers Can Reset Science in the Post-COVID19 World. Cell. 2020:181. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2020.05.045
- Tsungmey T, Kim JP, Dunn LB, Ryan K, Lane-McKinley K, Roberts LW. Negative Association of Perceived Risk and Willingness to Participate in Innovative Psychiatric Research Protocols. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2020;122:9-16.
- Busby D, Horwitz A, Zheng K, Eisenberg D, Harper GW, Albucher R, Roberts LW, Coryell W, Pistorello J, King CA. Suicide risk among gender and sexual minority college students: The roles of victimization, discrimination, connectedness, and identity affirmation. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2020;121:182-188.
- Roberts LW, Kim JP, Tsungmey T, Dunn LB. Do human subject safeguards matter to potential participants in psychiatric genetic research? Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2019;116:95-103.
- Roberts LW, Berk MS, Lane-McKinley K. Ethical considerations in research on suicide prediction: necessity as the mother of invention. JAMA Psychiatry. 2019;76(9):883-884.
- Kim JP, Ryan K, Roberts LW. Attitudes regarding enrollment in a genetic research project: an informed consent simulation study comparing views of people with depression, diabetes, and neither condition. Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics. 14(4):328-337. doi: 10.1177/1556264619862467.
- Gengoux GW, Roberts LW. Ethical use of student profiles to predict and prevent development of depression symptoms in medical school. Academic Medicine. 2019;94:162-5.
- Roberts LW, Tsungmey T, Kim JP, Hantke M. Views of the importance of psychiatric genetic research by potential volunteers from stakeholder groups. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2018;106:69-73.
- Roberts LW, Dunn LB, Kim JP, Rostami M. Perspectives of psychiatric investigators and IRB chairs regarding benefits of psychiatric genetics research. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2018;106:54-60.
- Torous J, Roberts LW. Assessment of risk associated with digital and smartphone health research: a new challenge for institutional review boards. Journal of Technology in Behavioral Science. 2018;3:165-169.
- Brady KJS, Trockel M, Khan C, Raj K, Murphy ML, Bohman B, Frank E, Louie A, Roberts LW. What do we mean by physician wellness? A systematic review of its definition and measurement. Academic Psychiatry. 2018;42(1):94-108.
- Trockel M, Lesure E, Hamidi M, Welle D, Roberts LW, Shanafelt T. A brief instrument to assess both burnout and professional fulfillment in physicians: reliability and validity, including correlation with self-reported medical errors, in a sample of resident and practicing physicians. Academic Psychiatry. 2018;42(1):11-24.
- Roberts LW, Kim JP. Healthy individuals’ perspectives on clinical research protocols and influences on enrollment decisions. AJOB Empirical Bioethics. 2017;8(2):89-98.
- Roberts LW. Addressing authorship issues prospectively: a heuristic approach. Academic Medicine. 2017;92(2):143-6.
- Roberts LW, Kim JP. Are individuals living with mental illness and their preferred alternative decision-makers attuned and aligned in their attitudes regarding treatment decisions? Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2016;78:42-7.
- Darcy A, Louie AK, Roberts LW. Machine learning and the profession of medicine. Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). 2016;315(6):551-2.
Selected Editorials in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- O’Brien BC, West CP, Coverdale JH, Durning SJ, Roberts LW. On the Use and Value of Reporting Guidelines in Health Professions Education Research. Acad Med. 2020;95(11):1619-1622.
- Roberts LW. Women and Academic Medicine, 2020. Acad Med. 2020 Oct;95(10):1459-1464.
- West CP, Durning SJ, O’Brien BC, Coverdale JH, Roberts LW. The USMLE Step 1 Examination: Can Pass/Fail Make the Grade? Acad Med. 2020 Sep;95(9):1287-1289.
- Roberts LW. Academic Medicine in the Time of COVID-19. Acad Med. 2020 Aug;95(8):1123-1124.
- Roberts LW. Sacred Trespass. Academic Medicine. 2020:95(7):971.
- Roberts LW. High Road, Low Road: Professionalism, Trust, and Medical Education. Academic Medicine. 2020:95(6):817-818.
- Roberts LW. Belonging, Respectful Inclusion, and Diversity in Medical Education. Academic Medicine. 2020:95(5):661-664.
- Roberts LW. The Closure of Hahnemann University Hospital and the Experience of Moral Injury in Academic Medicine. Academic Medicine. 2020;95(4):485-487.
- Roberts LW. The New MCAT Exam and the Continuing Imperative of Holistic Review in the Selection of Medical Students. Academic Medicine. 2020;95(3):323-326.
- Roberts LW, Coverdale J. Why Write? Academic Medicine. 2020;95(2):169-171.
- Roberts LW. Our Journal, Academic Medicine. Academic Medicine. 2020;95(1):1-2.
- Coverdale, J, Roberts, LW, Balon, R, Beresin, EV, Guerrero, AP, Louie, AK, Aggarwal, R, Morreale, MK, Brenner, AM. #MeToo and Female Patients with Major Mental Disorders: What Should Academic Psychiatry Do? Academic Psychiatry. 2019; doi: 10.1007/s40596-019-01136-5.
- Thomas LA, Balon R, Beresin EV, Coverdale J, Brenner AM, Guerrero APS, Louie AK, Roberts LW. Recruitment of Black Men and Women into Academic Psychiatry. Academic Psychiatry. 2019; 43(5):467-470.